Saturday, September 27, 2008

Training For Homeland Security

Today was an interesting day. Started at 5:45 with a call from work begging me to go in! Oh I don't think so! I was planning on getting up early, but not THAT early! How rude!
After the sun came up, John & I headed down to Forsyth Park for the Arthritis Walk. We joined some fellow employees, enjoying a beautiful morning walking around the park. The intended walk was 3 miles, 3 laps around the park. But, I admit we did cheat. :-) We walked the first lap, second lap I snuck over to the fountain to get some pictures. Come to find out, after 30+ years, John had never seen the fountain in person.

I snapped some pictures, then joined back with our group on the other side of the park. The group was breaking up, so we never did that third lap. No great loss, we showed up, we gave our $$, collected our t-shirts, walked and went home.

After a lot of decisions on how to spend the day, John decided to take me somewhere I had never been before. We played "Rambo" for an hour! I shot a 22 caliber handgun! And it was FUN! I'm ready to get a job with Homeland Security! Let Al Qaeda mess with Whitfield Avenue! This Chickie poo will be ready to blow their towel heads off! LOL!


The target on the right was mine. The one with the most holes. Out of 200 bullets, I bet I shot 150 of them! Yes sirree, I had me someFUN! I kept imagining the person who called my house at 5:45 waking me from a dead sleep, the fact that I don't qualify for the bonus that every other full time employee got, the morons at Mc Donald's who made us wait almost 10 minutes on our egg mcmuffins. And every other Tom, Dick or David who ever p'd me off, cut me off on the highway, or gave me a hard time! I had a LOT of inspiration! LOL Especially for those shots down around his private parts! ROFLMAO!!!! The "misses" were actually warning shots I was practicing.
I'm still "afraid" of guns, but now I know what to do with one. I wouldn't want to HAVE to use one on a person or animal. But I know I can do it.
Next item to add to my Christmas list might have to be a pink 22. Yes, I said PINK! Pull out a pink gun on a criminal, and they'll be so busy laughing, I'll have a chance to run away!