Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Testing.......

Today I had a great chance to test out my newest "toy".
I got a new ultra zoom digital camera for when John and I go hiking, snowshoeing, playing at the beach, 4-wheeling, whatever. It has a great zoom, without the bulk of my good camera, and extra lenses.
Anyways, Judy went to get the mail today, and shrieked when she saw what was on her shoe. I ran to see what it was, then ran for the camera! My sister is going to shoot me for posting this. She HATES Praying Mantis with a passion! Sorry Twisted! I just thought he was so cute! At one point, I got the camera too close, and he climbed up onto the lens. ok.....just lost Lee Ann! Sorry girl!


I think it did a pretty good job of up close and personal! I'm LOVIN' his shadow in the second shot! Click on the photos to see them even bigger!

After the little photo safari, it was back into the kitchen. At work, I have hosted a bake sale the last few weeks, making money for the Arthritis Walk on Sept 27th. We do the bake sale every Thursday at the hospital, the last sale will be the Thursday before the walk. This week I did something different. My sister Lee Ann tipped me off to a new jello flavor. Margarita flavored jello! Remember the old poke cakes of the late 70's? You make a cake, let it cool, poke holes in it, pour jello over the cake, frost with cool whip. I did Margarita cupcakes for the bake sale. Non-alcholic. Just margarita flavored. I decided to add sugar to the edges, the way a real glass of margarita has salt on the rim, and added a straw. Cute, huh?



I should have made it interesting, and put some tequila in them! LOL! I don't think the nuns would approve, do you?!
We have had 2 bake sales so far, and raised over $300! Last week we didn't have as much participation with bakers, because of Hurricane Hanna. Nobody knew where she was heading, and didn't bake, thinking we'd have to head to higher ground. We should fare better this week. My personal goal is a $1,000 donation to the Arthritis Foundation when we walk! So, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Wow...I LOVE IT!! Wish I had a better small camera but I don't think I'll get one anytime soon :(

Also love the cupcake idea...but I don't like Cake (I'm so strange I know)...but the idea is cute!