Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Who Is Ready For Fall?

Raise your hand!
Ok....I see lots of hands up! Mine included!
I think I see John's hand as well. To him, fall means one step closer to snowboarding!
I am tired of this summer. It's September now, let's get on with fall. Tired of the heat. Tired of the humidity. Tired of sweating. Tired of being stuck inside in the A/C. Tired of holding my breath, monitoring hurricanes. Tired of summer.
Bring on Fall!
September is officially half way over. And I for one am ready for some cooler days. I crave some crisp, fall nights. Putting on a bulky sweater with a pair of well worn jeans. Sipping hot cider. Walking thru crunchy fallen leaves. Listening to migrating geese overhead. Smelling a fresh baked pumpkin pie in the oven. Searching the patches for the best pumpkin to carve a Jack-O-Lantern. Riding thru the mountains looking at the beautiful fall colors.
We won't be experiencing any cool days and brisk nights until around the end of October in this part of the world. And, it will be late December before the leaves change and fall from the trees. So, we have a way to go yet.
But, in celebration of what's to come, and to maybe help us cool down a little bit, I thought I'd change my blog header, and post some fall pictures from Banner Elk North Carolina. This is a small town around Boone NC, in the western part of the state. The last time we were up there was Fall of 2005. Beautiful part of the country, and actually on our list of places to consider moving to once we retire.
So, enjoy some scenes of fall.










1 comment:

Deborah said...

I like the new look and the photos too!