Friday, September 26, 2008

Something For Me

I have finally gotten around to making something just for me! Last year, when I did the craft show, I was so busy making purses and diaper bags to sell, I never had time to make something just for me! I ended up using one of my display purses, and have been lugging it around for the last year! I figured it was time to retire it, and move on to something new.
It only took me weeks to make. Between coming up with the pattern in my head, planning how it would look, what fabrics I would use. Then, cutting it out, assembling, and sewing together. After multiple pin pricks, blood-stained fabric, and 1 broken sewing machine needle, I finally finished it! Only problem now is, it's fall, and I don't know if I want such bold fabrics for fall! I am NOT, repeat NOT going back to the drawing boards! It will have to do.....for now.
The insides has lots and lots of pockets, and dividers. I have my new camera in there, a full size wallet, odds and ends, and even room for John's reading glasses!
The biggest problem I see, is everyone at work will want one too! Not going down that road this year. I refuse! You hear me, I refuse! Oh Lord give me strength to keep them away! LOL!



The stripe on the back of the bag is actually the top of a pocket. Inside of that pocket is a smaller pocket. I thought it would be a great place to carry my cell phone. Clever idea, huh?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

That is so cool that you can do that!! I'm not sure how to even turn my sewing machine on! You should make stuff for yourself more often :)