Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm HOME!


Edited 2/12/09 to fix spelling errors to make my husband happy.
Happy?


It's so good to be home! I love to travel, but it's great to get back home to your own bed, your own pillow, your own shower, and the people you love and missed.
And the kitty that you loved and missed! Jingles gave me the cold shoulder treatment when I first got back, but he's curled up in my lap, so I guess he has forgiven me already! :-)

So, I bet everyone wants to know where I went, right?

Well, Friday me and a co-worker went to Atlanta for a nursing conference. I needed some CEU hours, and I haven't been to Atlanta in a very long time, so we took off for the big city.

Our hotel and conference were in the Perimeter section of Atlanta. Right next to a MARTA station. MARTA is the name of the train in Atlanta. I got real good at riding the train this weekend! That's the way to travel, no worries about driving through the city, no riding around looking for a parking place. Just jump on the train, and get off wherever you take a notion.

Friday evening we checked out the Perimeter Mall. Saturday we sat through lectures all day. Then we jumped onto the train and went to Centennial Park. Strolled around, and found a great place for a steak dinner, then jumped onto the train and went back to the hotel.

Today, we got up and headed to Zoo Atlanta for a few hours, before making that trip back to Savannah.

It was fun, but ended way too soon! :-( I want to go back. I told John maybe this spring we'll go spend the weekend. Take in a Brave's home game, go to the Aquarium, maybe back to the zoo, maybe 6 Flags. If anyone wants to join us, give us a buzz, we'll make a fun weekend out of it!

Here are some pictures from my Saturday evening in Centennial Park HotLanta.
I'll post some Zoo pictures tomorrow, so come back tomorrow for zoo animals!!!






I hate to take pictures of people. This guy was playing the bongos, and he was really good. He had no idea I was taking his picture. I LOVE my big zoom lens! :-)





It was amazing the amount of people who were playing in the water! And, it wasn't that warm outside! It was in the 60's before the sun went down, but it was in the lower 50's when I shot this!




Atlanta's "finest" were out in full force last night. This was taken close to Philips Arena. There was a basketball game last night, and people EVERYWHERE! So, the police were on every corner!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

LOTS of stuff to do in Atlanta! When I first moved here to Sav'h it took me a while to get use to the lack of stores and shopping, but I love it down here! You HAVE to go to the GA Aquarium!! Van can't wait to go back again sometime!