Thursday, February 5, 2009

Baby It's COLD Outside!

Alright, I know it wasn't subzero like some of you guys up north have been having, but for Savannah in February it is COLD!!
Our lows this time of year should be in the 40's, not the lower 20's!
I went to work this morning, and look what happened to one of the fountains.





I thought it was pretty all covered with ice, so I HAD to take a picture. The cop who was coming to the hospital for breakfast was watching me like I was a crazy lady. Most people were rushing to get into the warm hospital, but not me, I'm standing there in the cold snappy pictures.
Oh well....always looking for those "Kodak Moments" to photograph!

The books tell me to prune my roses on Valentine's Day. Typically we don't get any more hard freezes after Valentine's Day. Well, that's next Saturday, so I hope that means we will be warming up and staying warm! I have had enough of this winter. I'm ready for spring! Seems like I was singing this tune last summer as well.
This weekend it's supposed to get to 70 degrees! Yee Haw! Time to drag out the shorts, and head down to Tybee to frolic in the sand! Sound like fun?
In the meantime, I'll be hibernating under my blankie a few more nights. :-(
Stay warm!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

That's a cool photo! I had ice on my jeep window this morning and Van thought it was COOL!
I'm looking forward to warmer weather too :)