Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 25, 2009

First of all, my mother-in-law reminded me that "10 months from today is Christmas!" And 1 month from today is my birthday! In case anybody wants to jot it down on their handy dandy calender! LOL!

John and I spent the majority of the day exploring. I read about a waterfall in Stowe that I wanted to see. So, we turned on Garmin, and headed off in search of the waterfall. It turned out not to be a waterfall, but instead a gorge. According to the signage, "A waterfall is anything 3' high or taller". 3 feet high?! R U Kidding Me! I was disappointed that it wasn't a true waterfall, but it was a very scenic walk, and the ice formations were quite unique.









On the drive back we passed this unusual formation.



I call them ice penises. Don't know how else to describe them! LOL! I thought they were some kind of natural geyser that sprays water, then freezes, and continues getting bigger and bigger. I got brave and asked the clerk at the front desk. Not anything natural! They are fountains that people have installed. They continually spray water into the air, thus freezing, and making these giant mounds of ice and snow.
Now answer one thing, WHY would you want this gigantic phallic symbol in your yard?! I am just sitting here shaking my head right along with you! There is one right outside of Stowe, and then this one that we found on some body's farm.

Then we headed off to Glenn Moss Falls, on the outskirts of Stowe. We go to this fall every time we come to Stowe. I can say I was quite disappointed this year. It's usually an incredible display of frozen water. This year, not so impressive. The ice that was there was covered in snow. But I did get some great shots of the frozen stream. We hiked up to the bottom of the falls, which was a scary experience. I just knew that Klutzy here was going to fall in! But, I didn't. I made it back out dry, and no damage to the new camera! Yea Me!



This is like one of those "Where's Waldo" pictures. Only in this case, it's "Where's John"! Can YOU spot him in the picture? :-)









Dinner was Chinese buffet, then John treated for a couple's massage. Oh my God! One word to describe it.....heaven! I was sooooo relaxed and loose after the massage! I swear, if I ever become a millionaire, the first thing I am going to do is hire a full time masseuse that can be at my beck and call whenever I desire! Sorry, no pictures of our half naked bodies sprawled out on the massage tables! This is a family page after all! LOL!

More of our Stowe adventures tomorrow.

And don't forget to click onto the pictures so you can view them in all of their glory!

No comments: