Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Turned In My Second Photo Assignment

I have been neglecting the blog again. It's so hard to keep things up to date! Everyday life gets in the way of keeping things up to date.

The photography classes are going great! I'm learning a lot. And, after all of these years, I am finally comfortable taking the camera out of the Auto mode, and using manual settings! Though, some times it's just a whole lot easier to stick it in auto and get the shot real quick! :-0 Don't tell my instructer! LOL!

Second assignment was "Still Lifes." This was an easy one. I was clicking pictures left and right. The hardest part was picking just 4 to submit for the assignment!
Here are the 4 that I finally chose:









And yes, I drug out the old trumpet, shined her up, and used it for some creative pictures.

My grades are still pending. Did I tell ya I got all A's on the first assignment?! It's been a long time since I got straight A's! LOL!

Last night's class we learned all about Photo Journalism. Learning how to use photography to tell a story, and get out of the "snap shot" mode to create works of art. We have to show emotion of the moment in our photos. Laura's examples were stunning, and very intimidating when I know that now I need to take that knowledge, and create something "artistic." Some of her examples were great family portraits at the beach, children playing in the surf, ect. Well.....I have no children, and John is not going to pose the way these families did! :-P So, I have to come up with something really creative.

That's the hard part! I'm great at imitating things I've seen others do. But, when I have to be creative, I get the photographer's version of writer's block!
So, hopefully the Good Lord will provide me with some patience in working on this.

The good news is that John and I will be going to Atlanta this weekend. We're going to the Georgia Aquarium, and Zoo Atlanta. The Aquarium is close to Centennial Park, so hopefully I can get some great candid pictures of the kids playing in the water fountains.

No comments: