Sunday, August 16, 2009

Atlanta Aquarium

This weekend, John took me to Atlanta to visit the Georgia Aquarium, and Zoo Atlanta.
I had been dying to see the aquarium ever since it opened. It was "nice", but not what I had envisioned. :-( It was very over-crowded, you couldn't get a good view for all of the people, it was noisy, and much smaller than I thought! It's a huge building, but not that many animals and fish! We had heard about their "Penguins to Pandas" plan. You pay one price, and can visit both the aquarium, and the zoo. We'd been all over the aquarium, and never saw the penguins. I asked a worker where they were hiding the penguins. Come to find out, you have to pay EXTRA to see them! They are kept in a different section of the building! We hadn't paid the extra fee, so no penguins for us!
In my opinion, Atlanta can't hold a torch to the aquarium in Boston Mass. Now that is an amazing aquarium! And worth an afternoon's visit!
Here are some shots I took at the aquarium. Thankfully I had some great pictures from the trip. In the past (before taking my photography class), I was never able to get good shots at an aquarium. So, I am feeling just a little bit sassy right now!
Enjoy your trip thru the Georgia Aquarium through my photos.
I'll post pictures from the zoo later.
Thanks for visiting!



























No comments: