Sunday, July 12, 2009

Working On My Class Assignment

I am discovering it's very hard to find subjects to take pictures of!
John is busy working, and doesn't want to be included in my class assignments. And the cat, well, let's just say he's more comfortable hiding from me, not posing for me!
This first assignment is all about "Technique". Learning how to shoot in manual, adjusting the aperture and shutter speed. Today I worked on adjusting Aperture. Notice in the first picture, using a high F-stop (F-16) everything in the photo is in focus.



Then, in the second, using a low F-stop (F 1.8), the subject comes into focus, and the background blurs, so you can concentrate on the subject, and not be bothered with a busy background.



Not the best example, still a work in progress.
The second part of the assignment is shutter speed. I have to work with a slow shutter. Needing some major inspiration for that. Maybe a trip downtown is in order?

No comments: