Saturday, July 11, 2009

Starting A New Dream

Anybody who knows me, knows I am ALWAYS behind the viewfinder of a camera!
I received my first camera as a child, and was constantly pushing it in people's faces. I cannot go on vacation without shooting a million pictures. John fusses that I can't be enjoying myself, because I am too busy taking pictures.
Wednesday night, I attended my first photography workshop! And I LOVED it! Now things are starting to make sense. I understood ISO and Aperture, and shutter speed. Just didn't understand how it all worked together at one time.
After the class, things are starting to click in my brain!
Who knows, maybe I just took the first step to my next profession? When we retire some day, I'd love to work as a photographer. Shooting families, and babies. Forget weddings, I don't need to be stressed out by some prima dona bridezilla! NOT my idea of retirement!
Today I was working on my first assignment shots. Well, dummy here thought her first assignment was "still lifes". I read the syllabus wrong. The first assignment is "techniques" using aperture, and shutter speed, not still lifes. Oh well, I'm ready for assignment 2, huh? LOL
Where else to go for Still Lifes than the cemetery?! Those who know me know I love cemeteries, and it was a great day to visit Bonaventure today.
These were shot entirely in manual mode, and were only sharpened for the internet, and re sized. No other "tweaking" was done to them.
Enjoy!























No comments: