Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Photography Class

I just submitted my first assignment for my photography class! Thank God that assignment is over with! I had a hard time finding something in motion to freeze!
But, it was fun riding all over town getting some great pictures at the same time!
I don't typically go downtown. Too much traffic, too hard to find parking, too hot this time of year, too many tourists, yadda, yadda, yadda. But, I enjoyed it. I went to Forsyth Park Saturday, and a bride and her groom were at the fountain having their picture taken! I was working on action shots, so I didn't take any pictures of the happy couple. She was having a hard time walking in her heels on the cobblestones! LOL! And, sweating in the July heat!

So, here are the photos that I submitted for my assignment. The assignment was titled "Techniques" and we practiced manipulating aperture and shutter speed.

The first photo is manipulating aperture, and everything had to be in focus.



Second we were to use a smaller aperture, so the background would blur, and the focus is on the subject alone.



Then come the stupid action shots! :-P
First one is manipulating shutter speed to freeze action. There was not to be any blur at all. Which is very easy to accomplish when you are shooting in Auto mode, a little more difficult when you are in manual mode! I had to borrow the children next door for this picture!



And lastly, a photo with blurred motion. Keeping the shutter held open so the motion blurs, but the subject is still.



It's hard to see my "subject" in this shot. But, you will notice John is nice and still. The fire ball is a sparkler attached to a drill bit. Cool, huh?

Our next assignment is "Still Life". That will be much easier to find objects to photograph! Basically anything that stands still! I like things that stand still! LOL!
I just need to get creative in what I find to photograph.
Would alligators be considered "still life"? I guess if he isn't chasing the photographer, huh? LOL!

No comments: