Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Week And A Few Days Old

Follow-up on the Carolina Wren babies.
I've had people emailing me, asking how the babies are doing.
They are growing so fast! Momma bird is no longer sitting on them, which worries me, because we got cold down here yesterday! I went out to grab these pictures, and they were huddling together, their feathers blowing in the breeze! Poor babies! Hopefully my old shoe will keep them nice and warm. Momma has been busy flying in and out feeding them. They are so funny, as soon as they hear a noise, or feel a vibration, they open their mouths and start chirping!
They are really looking like little wrens now. They have actual feathers on their wings, and little curved beaks like momma.
John and I will be in Ohio this weekend. I sure hope they don't "fly the nest" while we are gone! I'll go thru my empty nest syndrome for sure!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's truly amazing how quickly the baby birds have begun to look like wrens and not just generic birds. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend celebrating your parents' anniversary. Please tell Aunt Judy I said hello.
~Lisa