Saturday, May 23, 2009

Greetings From The Ohio Valley!

Mom and Dad's anniversary is tomorrow! The room is ready, the food is prepared. The clock says it's time to go to bed, so we're not late in the morning. But, I think I can spare a few more minutes.

Today, John and I went over to Wheeling, and I FINALLY got my DiCarlo's pizza! This stuff is so yummy! We would get it all the time when I was growing up. You order it by the slice, and they cook it in a gas, brick pizza oven. They cook the crust with just sauce, then they sprinkle the cheese and pepperoni when it's hot. And the crust is crunchy, and it's ever so yummy! No body makes pizza like DiCarlo's! I think we need to buy a franchise, and open a restaurant in Savannah! But, if I could have it whenever I wanted, I would either be 1) the size of a house, or B) sick to death of it!
So, here are some pictures of my yummy trip to DiCarlo's pizza! LOL!
Makes me want another piece RIGHT NOW! :-)

Here we are, about to walk into DiCarlo's on Market Street, Wheeling West Virginia. The canopy looks really sad! I hope the pizza is as good as I remember!



How cool is this? The tables look like the pizza box!



Waiting patiently for the pizza to be ready. I think I am anticipating it more than John is! Does he look bored?



Oh My God! It's here! I'm as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning! I know....I'm sad! I LOVE this stuff!



Oh boy! It looks so YUMMY! Ready to dig right in!



John sinking his teeth into it! Hey babe! Wait for me! I better put the camera down and get busy, or it's all gonna be gone!



Only one piece left! Anybody want it?...... No?......OK, it's all mine! LOL!



All gone! Good to the LAST bite!



John is stuffed! LOL!
And it was just as good as I remember! My belly is happy! We can go home now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pizza looks and sounds yummy and unique! Glad you enjoyed your trip down pizza memory lane. Hope your parents had a lovely 50th celebration. Btw, I like your blue bag in the pizza pics. Very summery!!

Lisa