Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We Have Babies!


Baby birds to be exact!
Saturday our eggs started to hatch. The mommy Carolina Wren became a mommy in time for Mother's Day! I was at work, tending to the sick and broken, when Judy called me to tell me the babies were hatching. They looked like wads of bubblegum when they hatched! Bubblegum with feet!



Click picture to see a bigger shot.
NOT a pretty sight! But now they are starting to get a covering of light feathers, and their beaks are definitely being exercised, begging mommy bird for food!
And I finally got a picture of mommy bird while not sitting on the nest! She's very elusive! Hard to catch her doing anything but sitting on the nest, or flying away! But, here she is:



My arbor is blooming now! I am so excited about it. Still can't believe how big the roses got over just one year! Some day the whole arbor will be covered with roses from top to bottom!

No comments: