Thursday, January 15, 2009

Anyone Need Some Firewood?

Absolutely free!

That's right. F-R-E-E!

Now where else can you get some quality firewood for free?!





John and his buddy Glenn spent yesterday taking down 2 huge water oaks that were in our front yard. These trees were probably 200 years old! I bet these trees could tell some stories! I always wonder if any of them were used for lynchings? Sorry, my corrupt mind thinks of things like that when it comes to old things!
These trees were HUGE! As you can tell by the pile of wood left on my front yard! You should have seen the trunk!

Whenever John cuts branches, he'll haul them to the curb for when the county picks up yard waste. By morning, everything will be gone! It's amazing the things people in this neighborhood will take that's on the curb! When he was gutting the house next door, they came to steal vanities, the toilet, hot water tank, refrigerator (which the doors were taken off of), rotted wood, an old tin roof, broken concrete blocks! And I could go one for ever and ever! The trash men never had to actually haul anything away! Except maybe the stinky old carpet. Ooopppssss.....John said they took the old urine stained carpet as well! Can you believe it?! :-0

But, anyways, I am going off track, the story was about the firewood. So, I am SO glad that I wasn't home when the trees came down! 2 men, a Bobcat, and some steal cables. I am so thankful that my house is still standing, and even more thankful that nobody got hurt!

So, come on down, and you can take home as much firewood as you can haul. Might come in handy for you guys that are having minus temps right now! It will keep you toasty warm on those long winter nights!

But hurry, I'm anticipating people coming to remove it from our yard before we even have a chance to get it all to the curb! LOL!

No comments: