Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Sister Is In Soooooo Much Trouble!

Lee Ann knows my favorite Christmas song is "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas." Remember the pink hippo my mother-in-law got me for Christmas last year?
Well....Lee Ann writes me an email asking if I have seen this ornament at Hallmark.



Of course I have not seen it.

But I WANT it!
I NEED it!
And I need it NOW!

I searched on-line, and supposedly it's extremely hard to find! Gee thanks!
I swear to God Lee Ann, if this thing isn't at my local Hallmark store, you are going to be in so much trouble for showing it to me! Then I will be requesting all my buddies to check their stores to see if they can find me one!

Have you tried shopping for any Christmas decorations lately? Good grief! If you've waited until now to get a tree, I'm afraid you're gonna end up with a Charlie Brown Christmas tree!
I decided this year I wanted a tree. I am allergic to pine, so my only option is an artificial one. Consider it my way of saving the environment, saving the life of one tree. :-) We went to Lowe's, and all they had were a hand full of white trees, or one 15 footer. Kmart had a bunch of Martha Stewart trees, but they were still too much $$$. Sorry, but I ain't paying $250 for an artificial tree, or an over priced tree just because it has Martha's name on it! Walmart's trees were pitiful this year, so I didn't bother with them. And Target had some nice ones, but they were not on sale
(30% off a week before Christmas is not a sale in my book). As a last resort I tried Home Depot, and actually left with a nice 6 1/2 foot tree. I would have preferred a 7 or 7 1/2 foot tree, but I figured I was pushing my luck trying to find anything bigger!
Then I started looking for ornaments, tree skirts, ect. Michael's is my favorite store for things like that. Our Michael's' has been picked clean! They have very little left over. Guess that's what happens when you pull out the Christmas stuff in August to sell! I need to make out my list now for the things I want for next year, and start buying them as I see them! People may not be buying a lot of Christmas gifts, but they obviously bought a bunch of trees and decorations!

Ok, I now have a lap full of kitty, so I guess it's time to wrap this up.

One week until Christmas!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my defense, I was going to buy it for you but figured you bought it long ago. I'm calling Hallmark right now!

pennjos said...

seriously?! I am so excited! Can't wait to get my hippo!!! Thank you so much!!!
Isn't my sister cool?!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well no one up north has them either! I'm still looking, but it doesn't look good. :(

Deborah said...

It's sold out at the Hallmark store on the Island :(

Deborah

pennjos said...

Thanks Deb! I was going to check out there next. I stopped at the mall on the way home and had no luck there either. Looks like a hippo is not in my future. :-(

Anonymous said...

Hi, Penny. Don't know if you're an ebayer, but I just took a quick look there, and they have 3 of the hippo ornaments up for auction. I searched "Hallmark Hippo Ornament" to get the hits. Happy searching!

Anonymous said...

OK, also found them on a search of Amazon.com. They are out of stock on Amazon, but they redirected me to 7 other places where the ornament is available. Hope you find it--it's cute!

pennjos said...

yea, I could get it thru Amazon or Ebay, but I don't really want to pay $30 for it! ;-0
Hallmark has their ornaments "buy 2, get one free." pout