Friday, December 26, 2008

I Almost Forgot...

I almost forgot about one of my favorite Christmas gifts that I received! John got me a bat house!!



I know....people are sitting there scratching their heads, wondering why in the world I want a bat house! Am I right?!
John was going to use it as my "gag gift", but I truly love it. I have wanted to buy one for myself, but never got around to it.
In the summer, we have a bunch of bats that fly around our yard. And though most of you cringe at the thought of bats, did you know that in just one hour one brown bat can eat over 600 mosquitoes?! So...if you encourage the bats to stay in your yard, they will eat those nasty blood suckers up all night long! They also dine on grasshoppers, moths, flies, crickets, gnats and fruit flies. Living in Savannah, we have LOTS of mosquitoes and gnats, so bats are a GOOD thing!

And....I have ulterior motives. I want to get a picture of bats hanging upside down in it! :-)

No comments: