Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings

Lord, so often times, as any other day,
When we sit down to our meal and pray,

We hurry along and make fast the blessing.
Thanks, amen. Now please pass the dressing.

We're slaves to the olfactory overload,
We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold.

But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more,
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for.

For my family, my health, a nice soft bed,
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head.

I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those,
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know.

Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure.
Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure.

That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place,
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace.

So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided.
And bless each and every person invited.












This Thanksgiving, I give thanks for my health and well-being.
For my loving husband, and each and every member of my family.
I am thankful for living in the USA, where I am free to voice my thanks freely.
I thank every military man and woman who serve so that my family may be safe.
I'm thankful for the roof over my head, the clothes upon my back, and the bountiful food upon my table.
I am thankful for the ability to go out and work, and make an honest salary.

I pray today for those family members who are no longer with us. But, I know in my heart that they are each one looking down from heaven, and themselves enjoying a bountiful feast Our Lord has set in front of them.

I pray for our military who are out in the dessert, fighting for our freedom. And I pray for their safe return home.

I pray for family and friends who I could not spend the holiday with today. But I pray that the Lord above will watch over each and every one of them, and keep them all safe and sound.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there. I hope your day was as wonderful as mine was.

Take care, and God Bless.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Wow, everything looked so pretty! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!