Monday, January 14, 2008

This And That

It's been awhile since I blogged. I figured I better post an update.

John had his first cataract removal last Wednesday. Sorry, no pictures of my baby in his Ray Charles glasses! Everything went well. He saw the doctor the day after, and got good and bad news. The doctor was very impressed with his progress, but John was hoping to get the other eye done in 2 weeks. They want to wait for 5 weeks. The doctor wants him to continue the drops for 5 weeks. That puts us right up to vacation time. So, he's going to postpone the other eye until March.

A new year, a new resolution. I started the dreaded diet last Monday. I lost 5 pounds last week! Yea me!! More than likely just water weight, but I'll take whatever I can get! I spent most of my life skinny, it's so sickening that I have a weight problem now. I want to be able to wear a 2 piece swimsuit this summer and not gross everyone out at the beach! Today my XL Glider came from QVC, if it doesn't kill me, maybe I'll shed some pounds!

Work has been good. Well......teaching class has been really good. I LOVE teaching! I get so much satisfaction from teaching this pre-op class. The excitement of nursing left me a long time ago. It's so nice to have that excitement back. There is a spring in my step, and a smile on my face when I am up there in front of that class, telling them everything they need to know. Last week they applauded me! I am still in shock over that!

Well......that's about it. John hasn't planned our vacation yet. We're waiting to see what the weather does up around Stowe. We leave in just 1 month, 1 week and 3 days. Personally, I would like to go back to Wyoming! :-) But, where ever we end up, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!

No comments: