Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!



Happy 2008!

I pray that 2008 will be a great one for all of our family and friends!
I pray that everyone will have a healthy, happy new year, full of love, joys, health, and new adventures, and excitement.
As we close out another year, I get a little sad reminicing of the things we leave behind. The memories of the years past. But excited of what the new year might hold.

What did 2007 hold for you and your family?

January we were still getting familiar with the pitter-patter of 4 little paws in our family (Jingle Bells). I also photographed my first wedding in January. Not a bad way to make some $$. I was also quite proud of the photos.

February was our first ever trip to Jackson Hole Wyoming, and I am ready to return TOMORROW! Talk about "God's country"! My God was it beautiful! The scenery, the wild life, the snow. The trip started out bumpy, missing our connecting flight, spending a 4 hour lay-over in Salt Lake City, loosing John's luggage for a day. But all in all, a wonderful experience, that I would gladly repeat!

March was lack luster. Of course I turned another year older, and that's never good after you reach a certain age. But, I refuse to let it bother me any more. I rejoice in the fact that I CAN have another birthday every year!

April Judy went to Boston for her birthday, leaving John and I home alone! :-)

May.......can't think of a single "special" thing that happened in May. :-(

June- John and I celebrated 3 years as husband and wife! And John celebrated a birthday. We also had our sod laid in June, which greatly improved the curb appeal of our house!

July- I started teaching the total joint pre-op education class full time (every Monday and Thursday) which was a big deal for me. I LOVE teaching this class! My "students" are very special to me, and teaching the class has been VERY rewarding to me!

August held 2 milestones for us. I went back to Ohio for my 25th year high school reunion. It was really weird celebrating 25 years. Seeing all of my old classmates was odd. Of course you remember everybody the way you last saw them 25 years ago. And NOBODY looked like they did back then! I felt very old! But, I socialized with people who never talked to me in high school, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Then on the 20th I took John to the Little League World Series in Williamsport PA. You can pull up my archives here, and read some entries that I made during the world series. We had a blast, and Georgia winning the World Series was the icing on the cake!

September John and I both bought new cars, and of course my craft room became a finished project in September.

October we were busy with work. Nothing exciting.

November was my craft shows. Thanksgiving I had to work. You can read all about my Thanksgiving woes in the archives. LOL

December was busy preparing for Christmas, and then I got my nasty cold which lasted 2 weeks. And of course John finished the mantle downstairs which is amazing.

And that brings us up to the current day and time. Judy and I have been doing a LOT of post holiday shopping. Getting all of the after Christmas sales, and spending all of my money! I STILL want an i-phone, and am TRYING my best to talk myself out of it. If you can think of one good reason not to buy it, please email me, and let me know.

Happy New Year to evrybody who reads this! And may God Bless you and your family!

Penny & John

No comments: