Monday, December 24, 2007

One Of My Favorite Gifts

Ok, before someone starts fussing at me for opening a gift before Christmas, I need to explain.
This was not technically a "Christmas" present, nor was it even a gift for ME.
For our wedding anniversary this year, I didn't know what to get John. I "gave" him a trip to Niagara Falls, but I didn't have anything for him to open. So, I asked my sister to do me a favor. She painted a picture of our house, and I gave it to John for our anniversary. I think it is AWESOME! She did such a fabulous job! I wish I could paint only half as well as her!
So, I gave him the gift, and it stayed in the trunk of my car all of these months! Right after Thanksgiving, I decided to use some of my money from selling purses, and have the painting framed. They told me there was no way in the world it would be done by Christmas. Friday night, we were out shopping, and I thought about the painting. I said "it sure would be nice to have our painting in time for Christmas." When we got home, there was a message on the machine from AC Moore, saying my picture was framed, and ready to be picked up!
Here is the final product.
I LOVE IT!!!!



Thank you sooo much Lee Ann! You are just AWESOME girl!

I temporarily hung it at the bottom of the stair case. I think that's where I want it, but it needs to go up higher.

So, what's everybody doing today, Christmas Eve?

Last minute shopping? Wrapping? Cooking? Baking?

I spent the morning wrapping some last minute gifts (see....I TOLD you I would do that!), filling John & Jingles' stockings, and putting everything under the tree. I turned my back for 2 minutes, and Jingles got into his stocking already! He's got toys all over my floor! Now I am anxious to open everything! Can I open something NOW?! P__L_E_A_S_E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

This evening, John and I are going over to Beaufort South Carolina to spend Christmas Eve dinner at my brother's house. It will be nice. Mark has a house full of grandchildren now! 4 all together! Becca turned 8 in September, Collin will be 7 in January, Jonathan will be 2 in January, and Rey was just born in September, he's 3 months old. It's been a long time since I've been around small kids who are anxious for Santa's arrival, so this should be fun!

I hope everybody has a safe, Merry Christmas. And I hope that ALL of your Christmas dreams come true!

Love Penny & John
and Jingle Bells

No comments: