Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Questions


I found this on another blog, and thought they were cute.
Copy and paste into an email, and let me know YOUR answers.

-Colored lights or white lights on your house or not at all?
No lights on the house. John wouldn't hang any. Bah Humbug! Just kidding babe!
But white lights belong on the house, and colored lights on the tree.

-Hot chocolate or Egg Nog?
Hard question. I like both, but I think hot cocooa would rank higher for me. Especially with Ready Whip on top! And maybe some chocolate sprinkles! MMMMM

-What's your favorite holiday dish?
Grandma Bushilla's meatballs (who nobody knows the recipe for!) Grandma's last Christmas here on earth, mom and I ate so many of her meatballs, we made ourselves sick!

-Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?
No kids here for Santa to visit. But when I was a kid, the gifts from Santa were unwrapped.

-Do you hang mistletoe?
nope, but we have some growing in the trees. Need some?

-When do you put up your decorations?
any time after Thanksgiving

-What's your favorite holiday tradition?
the only "tradition" I used to have was attending church service Christmas Eve night, then drive home the long way, looking at all the pretty lights. Then come home and have egg nog and Christmas cookies. As kids, we always spent Christmas Eve at grandma's, and on the way home, daddy took the long way, looking at all of the lights.

-What's on the top of your tree?
The main tree downstairs has a big bow

-Do you have a nativity displayed through the holidays?
Usually I put one up, but didn't this year. We do have a light-up Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus in the front yard.

-Candy Canes, traditional or flavored?
traditional, but I seldom eat them

-What's your favorite holiday goodie to make and share?
any kind of Christmas cookies, or a pumpkin roll

-What's your favorite Christmas song?
"I Want A Hippopautamus For Christmas"

-When did you learn the truth about the "magic" of Christmas?
when my sister was little. I was probably 8 or 9

-Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
most years John & I would open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve. That was our little holiday of our own

-Is there a special ornament or Christmas decoration that you wouldn't feel like Christmas without?
none that I can think of

-Do you take neighbor gifts/treats to anyone, everyone, a select few?
nope, only family get gifts. Everyone else gets cards

-Is your big meal on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning or Christmas afternoon? Christmas Dinner in the evening?
Don't really know yet. As a kid, mom did picnic food for Christmas Day. She said she didn't want to fight with us to sit down for a formal meal.
Last year, John & I went out for Christmas Eve dinner at a nice seafood restaurant. Then, Christmas Day we went to John's sister's house for dinner around 1pm.

-Snow? Love it? Dread it? Tolerate it?
Only crave it on Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. other than that, can't stand the stuff. Sorry John!

-Do you remember a favorite gift?
my Canon EOS Digital Rebel that John got me our first Christmas as husband and wife. Even though he gave it to me in SEPTEMBER!!!!

-What's the most important thing that you must do each Christmas season?
Shop, send out Christmas cards, and make some cookies

-Do you bake Christmas cookies?
Yes, when I have the time - I love baking!

-Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa?
We don't have any little ones, so no cookies for Sanata at our house

-Share a favorite Christmas memory:
I remember all of the Christmas Eve parties at grandma's house. I loved the smell of all the food cooking! I also remember falling asleep unside down in my bed, so I could look at the lights on the eaves of the house.

No comments: