Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

So I'm a little late.
Sue me!
Some of us had to work the holiday.
Am I bitter about that?
Heck yea!
I haven't worked 3 days in a row in a longgg time. And this week, I had to work those dreaded 3 days in a row! It was utter chaos at work! Of course we had a skeleton crew. Staffing sucked, after all, it was a holiday week, census SHOULD have been low. One of our doctors did 5 total joint replacements the day before Thanksgiving, yes, 5! It was not fun at all!
Then, Thanksgiving morning, I get up to go to work, drag my sleepy shell of a body into the bathroom to take that glorious hot shower to get the blood pumping, and the eyes open. Not a single drop of water would even trickle out of the spigot! Nothing, zip, zilch, nadda. How in the world do I get ready for work, when I can't shower?! I was stressed out, trying to figure out what the heck I would do with my hair! Talk about a bad hair day! I used a curling iron, trying to get it to do something. Then, the kick in the head, everyone complimented me on my hair! Are you SERIOUS! Can you say ICK?!
Of course my day sucked. The hospital did feed us a turkey dinner, but it's not the same as home cooking. The turkey was dry, the sweet potatoes had no marshmallows on them, and I had myself all geared up for a piece of pumpkin pie. All of the pie they had was sweet potato! What?! No pumpkin?! I about came unglued! Those poor cafeteria workers! I pouted, I fussed. I was stuck in that God-forsaken hospital for the holiday, over-worked, under-staffed, under appreciated, I wouldn't get to eat with my family, and the only thing I was looking forward to was a piece of pumpkin pie! Was it too much to ask to have just one piece of pumpkin pie?! The cashier felt so sorry for me, she told me to come back at suppertime, and she would have a slice of pumpkin pie for me! :-) I watched that clock the rest of the day, waiting for my slice of pie. It wasn't as good as my mom's, or even my own, but it was a sweet slice of heaven in my hectic day.

So, Thanksgiving is over for yet another year. Now the Christmas countdown begins!
Yes, I went shopping on "Black Friday". I wasn't crazy enough to be out there at 4am, but I got out. Most of the crazy people were gone by the time I went out. Circuit City was a zoo (of course), but I didn't see any big bargains. I wanted a Wii, but I've about given up looking for the stupid thing! I've only been looking since this time LAST YEAR! Why can't Nintendo meet the customers demands?! Why did they release this thing, if they couldn't keep it on the shelves?! It's been a friggin' year, I figured by now everyone in the country had one, but me!
I did get the winter coat I had my eye on for a couple of months. I am proud of the deal I got on it. Now I won't freeze when John and I go to Stowe in February!

What else?............I played house wife today. Cleaning, laundry, decorating, throwing things out. I want to put up our Christmas tree, but I figure Jingles will knock it down. I might sit it up, undecorated for a while, and see how he does. That way, I won't have to worry about him breaking anything.

My final craft show is Friday. I want to make sure I make some money, so I brainstormed over what else to offer. What can I do, that nobody else will have, that will fly out the window? I was making a big bow for on top of Judy's tree. And I remembered last year I made some bows at work, and people asked me how much I would charge to make them bows. So, I went to Michael's, and stocked up on Christmas ribbon, and I am making big bows with long streamers on them. I hope all of my work was not senseless. I hope they sell. Who knows, ......maybe I'll make enough money to buy a Wii.......if I could ever FIND one!

1 Month From Today Is Christmas!
Do you know what you are getting me? wink

No comments: