Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nothing Of Importance

Not much excitement going on around here.
A good buddy sent me this picture via email, and I just had to share! LOL!
C-O-O-K-I-E!!!!!! LOL!

I kinda felt this way yesterday at work. We had a scheduled computer downtime. But, even though you know it's coming, it's still a bummer. I was amazed by the amount of down time we had yesterday. You don't realize how much time you spend tied to a computer as a nurse. I mean, I'm a nurse, my job is to take care of patients, not play on a computer,....right?! WRONG! We even use the computer to pass meds. Our patient name bands now have bar codes, and we scan the bar codes with the computer, to make sure the right patient is getting the right med at the right time. It's high tech security. But still, doesn't it remind you of Revelations?! It sure does to me!
Anyways, the computer downtime lasted about 5 hours, but even after the 5 hours, the computer wasn't totally fixed. :-(

No comments: