Thursday, September 10, 2009

Moonlit Walk On The Beach

Last night, John fussed at me because I hadn't updated the blog lately. Guess he was sick of looking at the pictures of me, huh? :-( Oh well...what's a girl to do? So, just for John, I thought I'd add some pictures, so my ugly face gets moved to the bottom of the page. Happy?

Last Friday was a full moon. And, according to the weatherman, it was going to be a Harvest Moon. I thought great, a picture perfect opportunity! So, we load up the camera, and head out to Tybee to take a moonlit stroll on the beach.

It was prefect beach walking weather, not too hot, nice beach breeze, and best of all, not a lot of people! I love that! We had an incredible sunset that night! And I was able to shoot a ton of pictures!

I waited patiently for that amazing full moon rise, but we never really got that great view! Stupid clouds rolled in just in time for the moon rise! Never could get a clear shot of the moon for all of the haze, and clouds! But, it was a great night to walk, and just enjoy some one on one time with each other. I wish we had a pedometer on us, I know we HAD to have walked at least 3 miles that night! We walked to the lighthouse, and back again. I was beat when we made it to the car. Walking in that deep sand does you in! It's a great workout!

So, here are some of my favorite shots from the beach Friday night. The season is over, and I bet we can count on one hand the amount of times we made it to the beach this year! I sure miss living 5 minutes from Tybee!



































1 comment:

atashii said...

nice picture, I love it ...